The Lake Constance Radhaube in lamé lace
Traditional craftsmanship in Vorarlberg, inscribed 2010
The Lake Constance Radhaube, a wheel-shaped bonnet, is unique due to its ornaments, which are made of golden and silver threads of equal quality on either side. The bonnet is typically worn in combination with traditional (Austrian) dress (“Tracht”) on festive occasions such as dance performances or festivals.
This technique was kept a secret for more than 200 years. Nowadays, this headdress is made in Austria, Switzerland, Italy and Germany. However, no written records or instruction manuals on the production of the bonnet can be found. For a very long time, this elaborate technique did not have a technical term for the gold tip in Vorarlberg. The term “lamé tip“ is a neologism.
- Application form (in German only) 1 MB (pdf)
- Expertise Natter (in German only) 48 KB (pdf)
- Expertise Krist (in German only) 2 MB (pdf)
- Homepage der Trachtengruppe der Stadt Feldkirch
- Youtube Video: Menuett von Michel Corett & 'Alewander' (Schweizer Kreistanz)
- Youtube Video: Menuett aus Don Giovanni von W.A.Mozart, Walser Liabslüt, ein Werbetanz aus Vorarlberg (Teil einer Tanz-Variante, die sich aus Volkstänzen zusammensetzt)
- Buch 'Die goldene Bodensee-Radhaube' von Michael Selb